Waiting for something better
Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.
Psalm 27:14
I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
and in his word I put my hope.
My soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchmen wait for the morning.
Psalm 130:5,6
Dear Father,
I don’t like to wait. I live in a part of the world where we can get instant fixes and real-time answers. Yes, Father, I am an inpatient type and you know me inside and out. I remember your promises and I repeat them to myself in prayer. I know that you are listening and I trust that you will hear. But I need strength and patience and I need to hold on to you. If my desire is your desire, I only need some persistence and determination. I will not give up on you, because you will not give up on me. I trust you and I trust your timing. I remember all the blessings you gave me – so often even without me asking. You are using my longing for answers to teach me patience. Please Lord, don’t give me a quick answer when a better solution is waiting for me. Teach me to follow in your footsteps.
.jpg)

1 Comments:
i've never randomly commented on a stranger's blog before and am in fact a great cynic of such random anonymyity but stumbling upon your blog while i was searching for worship song lyrics, and coming across this post randomly, your thoughts here seemed to mirror what ive been struggling with for the past year and psalm 27:14 was my stronghold really. and what you wrote really reminded me of what i have been telling myself again and again these months. that thru all this, God is really asking me how much i really trust Him, much as i claim to love Him. and everytime i take a step forward he raises the bar a little higher so my faith can be made perfect in Him alone. and after all this struggling i feel like im so so close to getting an answer from Him but im glad He chose today to remind me through you not to settle for the quickfix or the simple answer. and so even if tmrw i do not get what i have been waiting so long for thank you for reminding me that i will still trust Him becos I have tasted that the Lord is good and will trust in His faithfulness. God bless you.
Post a Comment
<< Home