The war within
I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin. Romans 7:18-25
Dear Jesus,
Today I think about all the evil that takes place in this world. Our planet is full of violence, war and terror and all of this just makes me sick. And - to be completely honest with You - when I think about the war of sin that is raging within my own body, I don’t feel much better!
Thank you for the honesty of your servant Paul, the man who wasn’t afraid to be vulnerable; a man who wrote honestly about the war that was going on in his own life. He didn’t try to cover it up, but was very open about the fact that he was completely lost without your grace.
You lived in this same wicked world, dear Jesus. You were crucified by sinful people like me who just don’t know what they are doing – and You forgave them! Whenever I feel bad about this world and about myself, I turn to You. Just like Paul did. Thank You for being my Saviour and please help me to share this good news of your saving grace with as many people as I can!
So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin. Romans 7:18-25
Dear Jesus,Today I think about all the evil that takes place in this world. Our planet is full of violence, war and terror and all of this just makes me sick. And - to be completely honest with You - when I think about the war of sin that is raging within my own body, I don’t feel much better!
Thank you for the honesty of your servant Paul, the man who wasn’t afraid to be vulnerable; a man who wrote honestly about the war that was going on in his own life. He didn’t try to cover it up, but was very open about the fact that he was completely lost without your grace.
You lived in this same wicked world, dear Jesus. You were crucified by sinful people like me who just don’t know what they are doing – and You forgave them! Whenever I feel bad about this world and about myself, I turn to You. Just like Paul did. Thank You for being my Saviour and please help me to share this good news of your saving grace with as many people as I can!
.jpg)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home