Monday, September 25, 2006

There will always be poor people

If there is a poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the LORD your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother. Rather be openhanded and freely lend him whatever he needs… Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to. There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land.
Deuteronomy 15:7-8, 10-11

"You will always have the poor among you, but you will not always have me." John 12:8

Dear Father,
What have I done with your Word? I try to find blessings and spiritual lessons, I look for words of encouragement – and it’s not difficult to find them. But how often do I skip texts that are difficult to understand or hard to apply to my own spiritual growth? Please speak to my heart, break through my defences, dismiss all my arguments and excuses with your words of truth!
There will always be poor people – and I shouldn’t go on without noticing them. We will always have the poor among us, and in helping them, we are truly serving you!
Please Father, forgive me my selfishness – help me to be generous, give me the opportunities to reach out to someone in need this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home