The Lord has done this
When Jesus saw the crowd around him, he gave orders to cross to the other side of the lake. Then a teacher of the law came to him and said, "Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go." Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." Matthew 8:18-20 Haven't you read this scripture: 'The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes'? Mark 12:10-11
Dear Jesus,
How often do we make promises that we can’t keep? This teacher of the law wasn’t able to live up to his spontaneous words and I think that none of us is strong enough to live this radical live of self-denial and obedience. We need your strength, Lord!
Jacob received the promises of the covenant, not because he was a righteous man, but because of your Father’s faithfulness to Abraham and Isaac. Of course I remember this story about the stone that Jacob had put at his head and about his dream of a ladder with the angels of God ascending and descending on it…
From the stable where you were born, to the grave from which you raised – you didn’t own a place to lay your head. You didn’t stay here physically, Lord Jesus, because you returned to your Father’s house – the place where you belong. I believe that you are the only way to Heaven and we can only follow you on this ladder because of God’s grace and loving faithfulness. Yes, the Lord has done this and it is marvelous in my eyes! You are the precious cornerstone of God’s church – and I want to build on you alone!
.jpg)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home