With actions and in truth
'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' Matthew 25:40If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:17-18
Dear Jesus,
You sure told me the truth, but maybe I am too hard-headed and too ignorant to understand. Yes, I did listen to your beautiful stories and insightful parables and I’m sure there are many things that I've learned from them. Of course I am very impressed by your great words of wisdom and I am eager to receive mercy and forgiveness and all the other great blessings that you mention in your Word. But too often I was so fascinated by your words, that I hesitated too long to apply them in real life. Please forgive me, dear Lord. I need to practice what I preach and I need to show your love with real actions and in truth. I am sure you will give me plenty of opportunities to show your love in a practical way this week. Please help me to seize these opportunities and give me the chance to touch some hearts for you.
.jpg)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home