Friday, May 19, 2006

You are there. Always.

The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephania 3:17

Dear Father
Today I come to you with my sadness and loss. You know why I am feeling downhearted and sad. I need your protection and I need to feel your loving arms around me. Tell me that you truly love me and that – whatever happens - you are always proud to be my Dad. Yes, Father, my restless heart needs to become quiet again, my strained nerves need to relax and my mind needs to find peace in you. I need to be with you, Father. Sing me your love song, comfort me… Please lift me up again! Thanks for always keeping your promises, thanks for your words of encouragement and thanks for the comforting songs that you sing to me. Thanks for being there - always. Amen

'In the Father's Embrace' - used by kind permission - (c) Ruth Councell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home