Monday, October 24, 2005

Sharing the comfort

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.
(2 Corinthians 1:3-4)


Dear Jesus,
How can I comfort someone else at this moment while I need so much comfort myself? I can't do that, Lord. I can only share the comfort that I have received from my Father. When I am weak, you are strong. Am I sad? Sure. Do I feel the pain? Certainly. Do I experience God's loving nearness especially in my sorrow? You bet! God gives me peace beyond understanding. Because He holds me, I can let go.

This BOOSTER is dedicated to my father. He went to the Father's House.
I will certainly see him again!

Note: this was the VOTD text that I read on my screen last Friday AFTER writing this entry:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home